Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WIPS Prior to 2020 and Still Ongoing

This will be quite a long post so grab a beverage.  It is kind of a tale of woe at this point.



Books Reading Books, by Heaven and Earth Designs  Started in 2014

Not sure when I will finish this.  I thought I was further along for some reason.  I really have to be in the "zone" to work on this it seems.  This was/is my attempt at parking.  I am not too good at it.  If I ever do another HAED (and I do have a couple of others) I am definitely going to use tent stitch instead of full crosses.






Woodland Christmas Evergreen Sampler from 2013 Cross Stitch Christmas Started in 2016

All DMC; Two threads over two on 28 count Jobelan in Chiper (a light, light green).  I really enjoy this one when I do work on it.  Don't have too much further to go.  It has all these little yellow star things all over it which are one stitch.  I am not quite sure how to handle them.  I was going to leave them off until I took another look at the original.  It has some one over one (they call it petite stitch) little birds and other animals which was the challenge when I started it so I am glad I got this experience.  Might be some good pin stitch practice!








Home of  Needleworker by Little House Needleworks Started in 2015

This is a travel project, but I need to get it going as it has been in progress since about 2015 or so.   it is 2 over 2 on 28 ct Antique Ivory Cashel.  Perhaps I can use "Sampler Sundays" on the CC/LH facebook to work on it.







Knot Garden by Chatelaine designs Started in 2015

Finally finished all the DMC in 2019 and am working on the specialty stitches and beading.  My goal is to finish this by March (before we head back to Texas).






Mini Mndala 01 by Chatelaine Designs  Started in 2017

I really like the colors of this and all the sparkle which probably does not show up well in the photo.  I am beading this one as I go and I am not sure that is such a good idea.  I think I thought I would concentrate on it more but life sort of happened.  I am going to concentrate on this one until I finish it before I start a new Chatelaine.  I am itching to start another one and I have several already kitted.






Quiet Harbor by Permin from some magazine  Started in 2019

I think I am doing this for someone who has a house on a lake I think but I cannot remember.  Two Threads over two in DMC on 32 count Belfast in Blue Dynasty by Silkweaver.  It is not exactly full coverage so I am further along than it seems.



Gina, Queen of the Sea by Ink Circles  Started in 2019

This is a great travel project.  Two threads over two using Cassie Creations threads.  Once the outlining gets done it is easy, mindless sitching to fill them in.  It is two over two on a 28 Cashel by Silkweaver in "Iris Garden".  I like it OK, but the threads seem to tangle easily even using Thread Heaven.  I need to use shorter lengths I suppose.  I am not sure the threads are colorfast so I don't really take it with me much...also it is bigger than I like to carry around to appointements and waiting rooms, etc.




Fancy Blackett October Ride by Pineberry Lane  Started in 2017

Am using this as a travel project also..one thread over two with DMC on a piece of 35 ct linen I dyed to "age" it a little.





I try to make sure my "travel" projects (the ones I drag with me everywhere I go) are done in DMC so I can wash them when they are finished.


That does it (I think) for the WIPs that are still hanging around from years and years.  I think I will try to finish these at least within the year.  Perhaps on our drive back to Texas I can concetrate on the one closest to being finished.  We will see.

Thanks for stopping by.  Don't hesitate to ask any questions and I will answer them if I can.






2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. You have some nice wips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your WIPs all look wonderful! Reading Books is a lot further in then the last time I saw it, and I almost forgot about your beautiful Chatelaines.

    ReplyDelete