Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Putting Those Project Together

Disclaimer:  I cannot figure out why some of the words are outlined in white and have not been able to fix it.  So I am leaving it for the moment.  Hopefully I will have it figured out by the next post!  I find it extremely distracting.



Today was a kitting up day for me. I had planned to start Vintage Birds by Jeanette Douglass this month, but decided to wait until April to join Stitching Mae's Birthday Stitch-a-long.


So, in the meantime, I put a few projects together:

Elizabeth Jones Sampler by La-D-Da.

I think there might be a SAL for this one, but I am not sure. I am a little torn on the fabric. It calls for 36 count Parchment and would require a 19 x 19 piece....those 18 x 27 fabrics I have on hand are my downfall! I am considering doing it on linen I already have but the only two pieces that are large enough are 32 count. It only makes it an inch large so I will probably do that. I have to choose between Country Mocha, Sandcastle or Cafe Mocha. At least all the threads are DMC colors that I already have.








Willow Tree Sampler by Carriage House Samplings;

This is also all DMC (hurray). It calls for 40 ct Antique Cotton linen from R&R but I am going to us 40 ct variegated lambswool that I have on hand (maybe). I'll do a floss toss tomorrow during the daylight and see if it will work.




So, that should get me through until April.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I will be posting a weekly update on current projects in a couple of days.  It is a busy week this week with appointments so I may wait until the weekend.

More as it happens.

2 comments:

  1. If you edit your post - select the words that have the white border and click on the "remove formatting" icon which is the T with an x next to the abc with a tick on the far right of the icon row.
    Hope this makes sense? If not I can try take a screenshot to send you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice planned starts :) I guess you'd probably get away using a 18x27 fabric, if they plan with enough border.

    ReplyDelete