Friday, January 10, 2020

Wipocalypse Introduction

This is my first Wipocalypse and I am pretty excited about it.  I think I figured out how to put my "link" on the posting page, but who knows.

At any rate, an introducction is in order.


First let me say that I "lost" my blog for a couple of years when many things changed in my computer world, so that is why there is such a big gap in postings and many things that were on the blog seem to have vanished....followers, some gadgets that I had finally figured out; that sort of thing.   That said, I am back at it for 2020 with plans.


I have been busy kitting up things to start (I think I am up to about 60),  framing some finishes and planning my year.  I joined WIPocalypse and I am going to practice spelling it and saying it.  At any rate, I am not sure how it works yet, but I am going to give it a whirl.  There are some beautiful stitching posts and amazing work to drool over.

I have started the Linen and Threads 2020 Quaker SAL.  It took  me a while because I just did not know if I really wanted to participate.  Then I was watching a flosstuber (I wish I could remember which one) and she said "at the end of the year I will have a Quaker sampler done.  Well, that did it.  So here I am participating.

I am using Sulky #12 in Natural Taupe on Amsterdam Blue 32 count linen.  I had a large piece of the fabric (can't imagine why because it is kind of wierd color...not quite green, not quite blue) and I did not want to have to buy a new fabric so it took a while to decide on the thread.  I have been wanting to try Sulky #12, and I wanted something really easy....no splitting DMC floss, no railroading, etc.  Will see how it goes.  I may change it out for a more beige variegated thread, but who knows.



My other focus pieces for January are:


Beggars Valentine by Threadworks Primitive
I want to finish this before the end of the month



Mary Oakley 1818 by Pineberry Lane

I finished the border outline so I should be able to finish this in a week or so.



Mini Mandala 01 By Chatelaine Designs

I am determined to finish this one before I start a new Chatelaine and I am itching to start a new one!





I am also going to participate in the Little House Needleworks Sampler Sunday.  I am going to be working on The Library by Little House Needleworks as soon as the threads arrive.  In the meantime I will be working on "Home of a Needleworker" which has been a WIP for a couple of years and I really need to get it done.  I hope focusing on these two on Sundays will do the trick.



And last but  not least I have been framing some of my 2019 finishes:







This is actually  my first finish of 2020 so I framed it also.


Once I get this blog all caught up again I will keep posting regularly.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  





8 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a "no reply" person but if you answer this comment by email I can save your email address for the future.
    I love your WIPs. The Quaker sampler is a beautiful combination of thread and fabric.
    I also really like that Owl you finished and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice to find another blogger. I am going to do the Linen and Threads SAL too...If I get my act together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the design you have in the works.
    I hope you can find the things missing from past blog posts, sometimes I think blogland has a mind of its own.
    I hope you do not mind but I am going to post about your blog on my blog today, just to let everyone know you are able to post again.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Suzy! I am glad to find your blog. I was sent over here by Catherine! I am your newest follower. My blog is:https://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzy, you have some great goals for 2020 and your framed pieces are gorgeous - I love the owl. Who is the designer, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many pretty projects in the works! I was going to start the Linens and Threads SAL, but I have too many other projects that need starting. I am printing the parts though to possibly complete at a future date. I love your Mini Mandala and Mary Oakley 1818 looks very interesting. I was sent here by Catherine and I am a new follower. My blog is https://cathiescraftworks.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful projects! I look forward to watching your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the WIPocalypse is so much fun, you are in for a treat! I'm very happy to have you back with all your beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete