Monday, April 6, 2020

Back to Texas Stitching

Had a very pleasant, if not a little wierd, trip back to Texas.  It is good to be back on the quiet river with all the critters and birds and all.  The trip out was a little strange because there was very little traffic anywhere and although the 18 wheelers are on the road, we saw less than a dozen RVs during our travels.  Other than the few that were in the RV parks where we stayed, there were very few on the road.

Did get some stitching done!

I finished Tis a Lovely Bird



Of course I had to record COVID-19 on it!


Elizabeth Jones by La D Da


April release of Linen and Threads 2020 SAL.



And made a little progress on Isabella Uffindel but have not completed page 2 yet.  I think I am going to have to give myself a little more time as it seems with all my other projects I probably will not be able to complete a page a week



And I framed Home of a Needleworker.





We are in a mandatory stay home order here in Blanco County.  Does not bother me in the least.

Funny thing......let me start by saying that my sewing skills are EXTREMELY limited.  When the CDC came out with the mask recommendation I broke out the sewing machine and some fabric and thought I could handle it......boy was I wrong.  I have something that kind of looks like it might be a mask, but it is pitiful.  So, I reached out to my niece who is a great seamstress and made a donation to her household for a few masks.

Of course if I have a mask, than I loose another excuse not to leave my property!  HA..

Stay safe, be calm and take care.

Thanks for visiting.....


3 comments:

  1. Great work on your samplers this week. Lovely Bird is lovely!
    The masks are useful for people who have the virus to stop it spreading but if you aren't coughing or sneezing then they won't help.
    We have donated some pillowcases to be made into bags for hospital workers to put their clothes in so they go straight into the washing machine when they get home. My friend's daughter is making them up,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it to your destination safely! Hopefully, your stitching will keep you busy for the time being.

    ReplyDelete