Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Mid March Update

Wanted to get a post in before we head off to Texas for the year.

Had a finish early this month:

Home of a Needleworker by Little House Needleworks

Thanks to Sampler Sundays at the Little House/Country Cottage facebook challenge this has finally been finished.







WIP Progress:

Coffee Quaker by Heartstring Samplers

I gotta tell ya, this project is really giving me fits.  After stitching one of the motifs three times, I found out it was in the wrong place....so time number four a moved it to its proper location....then, as I was preparing for the far right motif, I discovered I had done the "problem" motif in the wrong color....I am leaving it and adjusting the colors as needed.  Holy cow this project has become a pain.  But I am sticking with it.





The Library by Little House Needleworks

This is not on the Sampler Sunday list, but I am still working on this on Sundays




Linen & Threads 2020 SAL

Part 3 for March all done (the bottom three motifs).  I have still not decided on the initials at this point.  Perhaps if someone expresses an interest in having it when completed I can put in initials that have meaning for them.  Who knows.






A Perfect World by The Scarlett House

This project has lead me to discover I am not so fond of stitching houses.  It gets alot of attention, but is slow going.





Tis a Lovely Bird by Homespun Elegance

Thanks to a couple of hours in a waiting room this bird is coming along nicely  Would like to finish it this month but we will see.



Frances Pool by Brenda Gervais

Once again I am finding the colors a little strange, but I am going to stick with it as charted.  Sage green birds seem a little off to me, as to Red Rock colored squirrels!!  I am enjoying this very much.  I like that is not a huge sampler as some of the projects I have in the wings.

l




Extras:

Another great find that my Mother-In-Law stitched from a Paragon kit in the mid 60's.  I feel so lucky to have it.  It fit perfectly in a frame from Amazon and hangs in the dining room with her other piece.






Most projects will be packed away during our trip and I will work on a select couple.  

We are planning a stop at The Attic needleshop in Mesa, AZ if time and weather permit.  Since I rarely visit an actual needle shop I am looking forward to it.  The last time I visited one many years ago I was so overwhelmed I did not buy anything!  

Thanks for stopping by.  I have still not mastered the "comments" section of this blogging thing so please know that I read the comments and I do reply, but my replies do not seem to show up!

4 comments:

  1. All of your projects are very nice. You're a beautiful stitcher. I enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on your projects this post. I don't think it matters at all that the colour of the motifs in the Coffee Sampler are different to those charted. No-one else will know!
    The Linen and Threads is gorgeous in your colourway.
    The red looks fine for the squirrel, do you have red or grey ones where you live?
    Regarding the comments, do you get the email notifications for them? The best way is to reply via email as very few people will come back just to see if there is a response here. It's hard enough keeping up with posts the first time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. All such lovely stitching, you have plenty to keep you busy!
    Your mil's piece is beautiful, how nice to have it framed and displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching! I'm sorry to hear the coffee quaker is giving you such a hard time. The Linen & Thread looks great, though! Hope you're having a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete