Wednesday, February 19, 2020

February Finish, New Start and Progress Update

Finally finished Easter Parade.  Not sure what I will do with it.




New Start:

Tis a Lovely Bird by Homespun Elegance

Doing this on a 28 count linen 2 over 2 using Gentle Arts and Weeks cotton threads.  I chose 28 count because I wanted it a little bigger than it would have been on the suggested 32 count.  Not sure why I don't have a photo of the chart, but I have already passed it forward.  I also have discovered that a 28 count is really the only thing I can use for take along projects as I cannot see anything smaller.   Old eyes or bad glasses I guess.





Progress:

Elizabeth Poole 1838 by Threads of Gold

Even though I am not crazy about some the colors and have made a few changes, I am almost ready to finish this gal.  Doing the 1 over 1 letters now.  Have frogged the 1 over 1 about 4 times (not fun) but I think I have it figured out.  I have also made MANY mistakes (which I call customizations) on this chart, but because I sort of lost the love, I left them in....note the two different size flower pots on either side of the center urn....oh well.  I hope to finish it this week which will keep me on track with 2 finishes a month for this year.



Coffee Quaker by Heartstring Samplery

This is on 36 ct. Vintage Country Mocha using the threads as listed (GAST and WDW)



I am anxious to get this project really going.  I did "Coffee Saves Lives" and want to finish this one so I can hang them together.  I do drink alot of coffee by the way.


A Pefect World by The Scarlett House

This is on 40 count Flagstone by Lakeside Linen using the threads as listed (Gentle Arts and WDW, using Anchor Black)



I have been trying to do 30 minutes a day on this.  It will be a while, but I am really enjoying it.


Sampler Sunday Projects:

These are the Little House Needelworks pieces that I work on for the Sampler Sunday Challenge on their facebook page.

Home of a Needleworker




The Library



My only "complaint" about theseh projects is that they are both 2 over 2 so I have to fiddle with the two thread issue.

It seems that suddenly I am using alots of Gentle Arts and Weeks threads which is kind of new for me.  I usually do the DMC conversions but have found lately that the colors are really off.  I am not so good at colors.   And I have to say that I am not such a fan of the Weeks Dye Works threads.   They seem to really tangle and knot more frequently even when I use a thread conditioner.   I am going to try shorter lengths for a while and see if that helps.

Kitted and ready:



Frances Poole by With thy Needle and Thread is on a frame and ready!



These are kitted and ready

Friends of the Heart by Plum Street Samplers

Harriet Taylor 1842 by the Scarlet House

For the Birds by ByGone Stitches  ( am thinking this will be my next start once Elizabeth Poole is finished as it has lots of color and I am kind of browned out!)

Willow Tree Sampler by Carriage House Samplings

And finally, I have some questions and emails about the frame weight.  I showed the giant one I made (thinking that was a good idea)  and now I have not only cut the size in half, but discovered that it was sliding off the lap stand because I used wool all the way around.  So, my solution was to whip stitch some rubber shelf liner on the back and it works great.  Also, with regard to the lapstand....I have a couple of different ones...they sit on top of you lap, not underneath your thigh as many people think.  Hence the need for something to help it stablize.































I did not plan the color coordination for this show of the stand and weight on my lap, but I guess grey is "my color".

Of course I have many other WIPs that need work, but these are my focus pieces for the moment.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  And thank you SO MUCH for all the kind comments.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for your Spring design! Perfect timing for the upcoming Easter season.
    You do have some lovely projects in your rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have a K's Creation Lap Frame! I do too. I love it and have used it for many years now. I use mine on the tabletop though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Easter finish, all your projects are lovely.
    I love my K Frame stand, I do use it on my lap and on the table.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish, starts, and progress! I'm especially looking forward to seeing more of the coffee quaker. And maybe I need to look into getting myself a lapstand, as well...

    ReplyDelete