Sunday, June 21, 2020

Stitching the Summer Away

Well, June is not the finish palooza I had originally planned, but I did make headway on several projects thanks to the June stitching challenge by Embroidery.com where I stitch at least 30 minutes a day.
  


Linen & Threads 2020 SAL June installment done



Making progress on Catherine Sheppard and hope to have it finished this week.  And, yes, the berry bowl on the right is wrong, but I am leaving it.  I chalk it up to COVID brain.


Enjoying Willow Tree Sampler by Carriage House






New Starts:

Blackwater Hollow Sampler by Stacy Nash:  



Doing this for my sister so I will be making some alterations to the pattern.  Will be leaving off the wording at the bottom, also changing the house to make it look like her house and will be adding an animal or so and changing the horse to a dog (if I can figure it out.)  I decided since it is on a 30 count fabric (it is coffee dyed so that "stain" is supposed to be there)  I would use Sulky #12 threads.  So the colors will be very different.  I am not liking that yellow so I decided to do eveything around it and then decide on the color to substitute for "chamomile" by GAST.  I am a little anxious about all the changes as thing usually don't turn out to well when I try to create my own color way, but we will see.

I notice you can see where some frogging has taken place!



Just an FYI....

If you have not ordered or checked our Hobby House Needleworks, they have some terrific patterns and they have 37 and 38 count fabric that is simply stunning.  They are also extremely efficient and ship really fast.  Here is what I got this week:  A few charts that were on sale (just what I need, right) and two very beautiful fabrics.   I have several "gift" stitches in this group so I am pretty excited about starting a couple of these.





One more side note:  Blogger seems to have made alot of changes so I am having a little trouble until I figure it out.  Not sure why they decided to make things more difficult for us old folks.  I think it is a younger generational conspiracy to make me think I am loosing my mind.....HA

Please stay as safe as possible.

Thanks so much for visiting.


3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful designs, I do like the coffee stain, after the finished stitching it will fit right in.
    Oh my what a lovely stash purchase, you are lucky.
    Thank-you for mentioning the needlework shop, i will visit the site.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your samplers this week. The quirks in the berry bowl just make it more personal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching progress, and great new stash! I haven't yet tried any really high count fabrics, but it's on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete