Sunday, June 28, 2020

Finally a Finish


So glad to finally have a finish.  

Catherine Sheppard, 1810 by Scattered Seeds

I wanted to get some experience in with silks before I started a bigger project with them.  I really enjoyed this project, although, as usual, I find that my sense of color and thus my conversion from DMC is a little off.  I like it anyway.  I used a piece of 36 count linen that I coffee dyed.



I learned that I need to really work on my cuticles before I start more silk projects.  Yikes



The Willow Tree Sampler by Carriage House

Halfway through this project and I am enjoying it.  I really like the blackbirds so I am gladl I did not change them to a different color....what WAS I thinking.     

There is one isue with this....the fabric is so stiff that it tends to fray the DMC....so I went to a size 24 needles and that is helping.  It is a 40 count Lambswool but am not sure of the manufacture or where I got it.  




Thanks for stopping by to check out this quick update.  

Stay safe



3 comments:

  1. I like your color conversions on CS. What a pretty sampler. The Willow Tree Sampler is looking good too. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the samplers. I think the blackbirds look great. I also find silk catches on every rough part of your fingers! Hand cream needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish! I think you're colours are fun. And the blackbirds are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete