Saturday, February 29, 2020

WIPocalypse End of February

HAPPY LEAP DAY....

This is a long post with lots of photos!  I got on a roll this month for some reason so I have lots to share.

Be sure to check out 2020 WIPocalypse:  What do I listen to while I stitch?  Flosstube and/or some movie or true crime show.  And sometimes, nothing.

The Challenge from Embroidery.com was to stitch for 30 minutes a day (at least) and post progress daily.  That has really helped me get alot done on my projects.  I am going to try to continue the 30 minutes a day on a focus piece and see how it goes.

I have a goal of 20 finishes for 2020 so I need to average about two finishes a month.  I am on my way and have several pieces that are close.  Of course my goal of 20 starts is not a problem since I have so many kitted and ready.

Before I start, I want to show you a sampler that my Mother-in-Law did in about 1965.  Thanks to so many generous and knowledgable stitchers on facebook at Sampler World, I was able to find it (found a kit for it on EBay) and found that the original sampler is called Catherine Ann Speel worked in 1805 and is at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Pennsylvania.  So amazing.  I just adore it.  I also found that the Attic in Mesa, Arizona may have the reproduced chart.  Might be interesting to do it if I can find the chart.  What a wonderful family heirloom this is.






February Finishes:

Elizabeth Poole 1838 by Threads of Gold



Good Luck Always probably from Cross Stitch Magazine



And I posted the finish of Easter Parade earlier in the month.


New Starts:

Frances Pool by With Thy Needle and Thread




I am enjoying this so much so far.  I am using the threads as suggested and the colors are a little odd to me, but that is kind of common for me and samplers it seems.  But I am still enjoying them and have many ready to start.

Learning Stitches



This is an on line class I am taking through Sassy Jacks.  These are stitches in a Jeanette Douglas book made into a band sampler.  I am too cheap to buy banding so I took a piece of fabric that was 36" long and created banding for it and am using variegated DMC threads that I have on hand.  I will never use them for anything else.  It is kind of ugly, but it is for learning, not display!  HA


Progress:These projects have my attention at the monent so there has been progress for this month.

A Perfect World by The Scarlett House



This was my 30 minutes a day focus piece for February and I am very pleased with the progress I have made.  I am still on the fence about doing all the black that is called for at the bottom.  I kind of hate to leave it off, but I might hate doing it worse!  Perhaps I will tent stitch it??


Coffee Quaker by Heartstring Samplery



This project was a frogging nightmare so I decided that I would "grid" the motifs before I start them to make sure they are lined up property

Tis a Lovely Bird by Homespun Elegance



My travel piece since it is on 28 count fabric (I can actually see it).

Still My Sunday Sampler Focus Pices from Little House Needleworks

Home of a Needleworker



The Library





Knotgarden by Chatelaine



I am not making any progress on this for some reason so the goals of finishing it before mid-March is definitely not going to happen.  Not sure why, but I am not feeling this one right now so I guess it will have to travel back to Texas once again.


S.L. 1862 Small Sampler  by Lila's Studio



I tried to do this little sampler with the DMC conversion andd the colors were just terrible to me.  I also was getting a little "browned out" from the samplers that I am doing so I decided to dig out the left over silk threads I had from the Chatelaine and other projects that calledl for various silks.  It is quite a variety of colors and I am just winging it.  Now, bear in mind that I am not good at putting colors together so I am just playing with these threads.   The bad news is that it has really made he remember how wonderful it is to stitch with silks.  Especially with a single thread.  Oh my how wonderful it is to have the thread just gliding through the fabric.....heaven on the needle.

2020 SAL from Linen and Threads


A very small start of Part 3



And finally, I framed one of last year's finishes.  I really like this piece and even with the alphabets (which I am not too fond of stitching) I did enjoy doing it.  I left off the french knots that were called for in the skirt and basket of which is supposed to be donuts...looks like flowers to me.  And this piece has a million "customizations" (my term for errors) but I still like it.  I got the frame from Amazon.

Coffee Saves Lives by  Heartstring Samplery



Thank you for stopping by.  Be sure to hop around to other WIPocaplyse posts.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my...I get to be the first person to comment on your post. WOW!!! So many projects, all fantastic. How wonderful to have that family heirloom and it looks to be in very good shape too which is an added bonus. Knotgarden is breathtaking. So intricate. Best of luck on all your projects. Popped in from a mutual friends blog, always nice to meet new bloggers. Do swing by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely projects. I am glad that the members of Sampler World were able to help you track down the name of your heirloom.
    I like the colours you're using in the Coffee Sampler, gridding is a good idea to get eveythinb lined up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, you have been busy! I like them all but Knotgarden is my favorite because I love gates💖. Your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great heirloom from you MIL! And you seem to be on a very good way to meet your 20/20 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. Syringes and needles online buying is also a great option.

    ReplyDelete