Sunday, February 2, 2020

February Begins



I joined in the Embroidery.com Cross Stitch & Hand Embroidery Group daily 30 minutes challenge for the month of February.  I am not sure I will remember to post every day, but I am attempting to put in at least 30 minutes stitching on A Perfect World and am making good progress.







I am also participating in the Sampler Sunday at Little House/Country Cottage Needleworks.  I am working on "Home of  Needleworker" and "The Library" on Sundays.  I kind of like having a certain day for certain projects.  I have tried setting up a specific rotation before and have not been successful, but this seems to be working so far.







Also there is the Linen & Thread 2020 SAL.  I have make a small start on February's portion.

Still working on Easter Parade  and am hoping to finish it this first week of February


I found a WIP that I forgot about.  This little beauty is from a magazine (probably Cross Stitch Magazine).  I had been wanting to practice my backstitching and couching so here is the perfect little cutie for that.


It is on what I think is 18 count aida in a light mint green color.  Not sure what I will do with it once it is finished but that has never stopped me from stitching something.  I will finish this in a couple of days I am sure


A very small start for February:

S.L.  1862 Small Sampler  by Lila's Studio

Done on 32 count Heritage Lugana from Picture this Plus with the DMC as listed.  This DMC conversion looks alot different from the photo and is a little strange so far, but I am OK with that.  I am doing the small just to see if I can to tackle the full size Susan Lynch.







Possible New Starts Planned for February


Elizabeth Poole by Threads of gold

Will do this on 32 ct Ivory linen dyed with walnut crystals just to darken it up a bit.







Elizabeth Jones by La-D-Da

Planning on 36 count Parchment by Weeks Dye Works which is the called for linen





Looks like I should make February the Month of the Elizabeths!  I also have Elizabeth Mitchell 1809 by the Scarlet Letter kitted but it is so huge I am not ready to take it on yet.


Quaker Coffee by Heartstring Samplers

This is on 36 count Vintage Country Mocha


Friends of the Heart by Plum Street Samplers

I will be doing this on 32 ct Heritage by Picture This Plus.  It calls for a 36 count but I think I want the piece to be a little larger and I have the Heritage on hand and need to use it.


"Smalls" ready for the needle:

Morning Walk by The Scarlett House

28 Count Storm rather than a 40 count as called for since I want it to be a bigger.


Tis a Lovely Bird by Homespun Elegance

On 28 count Ivory Linen mottled with walnut crystals



I also watched a UTuber who spilled wine on one of her projects....I am now considering a red wine dye.....

Who knows which projects I will actually start this month.  Stay tuned to find out!

Thanks for stopping by.. will post progress as it happens!






4 comments:

  1. The daily 30 is a great idea. I'm doing a "20 a day" project where I just put 20 stitches in first thing in the morning. It was ten a day in previous years but with this being 2020 I decided to double up to 20 this year.
    If you really want another Elizabeth, I recommend Elizabeth Shephard by Scarlet Letter. A lovely Quaker Sampler I stitched a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, I will certainly check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness 30 minutes a day sounds like my kind of challenge.
    You have many beautiful projects going, I really love Easter Parade that is my all time favorite design to stitch.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your 30 a day and the new starts you picked out. I'm very much looking forwards to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete