Sunday, August 30, 2020

Summer's End

 The end of August already.  Hard to believe.  In some ways time is flying by but in other ways it seems like we are going to be stuck in this 2020 rut eternally!

At least I have a finish for this month!

A Scottish Sampler by Downunder Designs


This is a design from 1990.  In fact, the DMC that was pulled for it was still in the black paper wrappers.  Since I probably would never have started it without the "incentive" of social isolation/quarantine I decided to go with the original 1990s colors and mark it with COVID.  Not that any of us will ever forget this year!


I also did a little finishing   I am so bad at it and I really don't enjoy it in the least.  I am exhausted by the time I get one thing done.  I don't know how all these stitchers finish their things so beautifully.  I have watched alot of tutorials, but simply don't have the patience or the talent.  I can frame things OK, but finishing all those cute this things....not so much.  When I earn my next million I think I will have all my projects professionally finished.  







I am going to be concentrating on a birth sampler for the month of September since the baby is due in October.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.   I will post photos and information as soon as it arrives. (the chart, not the baby)


Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits very much.  I hope you are all staying safe and healthy.  




5 comments:

  1. The Scottish Sampler is lovely. The motto perfectly fits this year too! By coincidence I have been stitching on a project from the 1990s. I discovered it while sorting out my stash, all done except the last two rows of the sampler.
    Your finishing looks great to me. The frames go really well with the designs you've stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish! If you wouldn't have started this without the pandemic, it's at least one good thing we can attribute to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Scottish Sampler. Your finishing looks good in the photo. I think we are most critical of our own work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao 🤗
    per inaugurare il mio blog " Le rose di cristallo "
    ho deciso di organizzare un SAL DI BENVENUTO 🌸
    Se vuoi dare un occhiata ne sarei felice 🥳
    Ti lascio il link... così potrai decidere. https://lerosedicristallo1.blogspot.com/2020/08/sal-di-benvenuto.html
    A presto
    Giusi

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your stitching is lovely, I so love the Scottish Sampler, so stunning and beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete