Friday, May 8, 2020

New Month, New Starts

Am a little late with this weeks update.  Not sure what I have been doing, but I have been busy.  Did some stitching, of course.  Cannot believe it is already Friday!

New Starts:

I have had the start bug lately, so I just went with it.

Hannah Longstreth by Queenstown Samplers

I really had to resist tea or coffee dying the fabric ( 45 count Jersey Cream) because this project looks so stark.  It is a departure  from the other samplers I have been doing lately that are on dyed fabric.  I have to say, so far this 45 count has been a real challenge for me.  I am really enjoying working with the NPI silks.  I think this would be even more challenging with cotton thread.  I have found that I have to be in the "zone" to work on this and I have not been there for a couple of days!






Home Sweet Home by Pineberry Lane


Just a fun little smallish piece.  Am doing this on 40 count fabric so it will be quite small.  I am going to add some personalization on it so stay tuned.





Be Happy, Humble and Kind by Brenda Gervais, With The Needle and Thread


I have been wanting to do this one for a while but I made some changes.  Am stitching it from what I have on hand so the colors are different, and I moved all the words to the top.  As with most of Brenda's patterns there are large areas to be stitched.  There is a house on the giant flower vase and I am not looking forward to it!  Doing this on 36 count Rocky Mountain from JuDesigns one over two.  Not sure how I ended up with this fabric, but it is very nice.




Progress:

A Perfect World by

Decided to put the "black" on this project.  It is Raven by GAST rather than anchor or DMC.  Somehow I ended up with three skeins so what the heck!  It will be a good mindless stitch (as mindless as 40 count can be!).  I am really appreciating the blue tint in the "Raven" thread.  Not sure how I will personalize it at this point.



Isabella Uffindel by Hands Across the Sea Samplers

Started Page 4.  I am looking forward to getting the top completed, but that doesn't happen until page 5!  I am trying to take my time because I can be so bad at the counting part of counted cross stitch, but I do need to give this piece some love this week.



Vintage Birds by Jeannette Douglas

This is going well, but once again I am off in a couple of places by a little.  I am leaving it.    It is really a nice stitch.  I decided to back stitch the letters in the alphabet for my initials instead of try to fit them in.  As with most of her patterns, this one is so lovely, with lots of color changes that are somewhat subtle but really make the piece interesting once it is done.



Finished:

Coffee Quaker by Heartstring Samplery

I started this (well, honestly I had two stitches on it) when I was putting the year on the project first....I was pretty ambitious back then....perhaps I will just note that this is the start date and put 2020  somewhere else on the project.  The only thing I reallly don't care for is the yellow motif in the middle just above all the wording.  It just does not appeal to me and looks like there is a big blank space.  But, redo it....probably not.  I am even thinking of spraying or blotting it with some coffee to darken it up a bit. I am thinking, looking at the photo, that a coffee ring on that motif (as if I set a cup on it) would be perfect.  Yikes, what a thought.





That is it for this week's late update.

I hope you are well and getting along through this wierdness.

Thanks so much for visiting.





5 comments:

  1. Susan from Canada

    I actually like your idea of coffee ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Coffee Quaker! A coffee ring would look good but be scary to do!
    The other samplers are growing nicely and I really like the Raven for the background. More interesting than plain old 310.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting selection of stitching. I have enjoyed seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, so many lovely designs going.
    So many stitch's done this week.
    Stay healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new starts - I especially love Hannah Longstreth, the colours look amazing. I'm also quite impressed with all the small counts your working on!
    Awesome progress too, love how the "black" is turning out on Perfect World.
    I agree about the coffee sampler; it's gorgeous, but that yellow motif just doesn't stand out. Maybe backstitch it? Might be less scary than adding coffee stains (although that idea is pretty cool).

    ReplyDelete